Many young adults feel unprepared to take on the responsibilities of adulthood. Making decisions about education, employment and health are difficult for any young person and having sickle cell disease can further complicate those decisions. Preparing for their new role as an independent adult is essential to their growth and success during this transition phase. Young adults need the proper tools and support to help them set and achieve their goals.
CSCF Kids provides a Young Adult Transition program that offers tools and education to aid in the development of our young adults. Our month-long program offers weekly sessions that focus on several areas of skills including social, education, employment, financial literacy, health and wellness, self and life skills.
Through activity filled sessions, guest speakers and field trips, the Young Adult Transition program exposes participants to real world settings that will prepare them for a thriving future.
- Self-esteem and Stress Management tools
- Leadership, Communication and Relationship Building
- High School and College Information
- Financial Aid Resources for College
- Job Search and Applications
- Workplace Etiquette
- Banking and Budgeting
- Credit Cards and Loans
- Credit Score
Health and Wellness
- Medical Terminology
- Mental Health Resources
- Housekeeping, Cooking and Nutrition
- Hygiene and Daily Health Care
- Time Management
- Housing and Utilities
- Voting and Public Services